The National Capital Area Paralegal Association (NCAPA) is committed to:
- Promote and protect the general professional interests of paralegals in the metro area,
- Involve paralegals in the shaping of guidelines affecting the regulation and development of the paralegal profession,
- Provide a forum for an exchange of viewpoints on matters of professional interest,
- Fairly represent both public and private-sector paralegal interests, and
- Foster continuing education, and be a resource center for career and educational opportunities and information.